Monday, January 2, 2017

Embroidered Kitty, So Cute!

Did you know that you could do my applique designs up as embroidery instead? It's pretty easy.... just trace the applique layout design onto your fabric and there you go! (I just used a good 'ol pencil to trace the design onto the white circle.) A design to embroider! I know that not everyone is an applique fan like me, so embroidery is a nice alternative if you still want to join in on this years BOM. I added a couple of lazy daisy flowers in blue to glam up the design a little bit. I'm still trying to decide if I will do two quilts. One with the applique and one with embroidery.

My sweet embroidered kitty will be a pillow to go with my finished quilt. The Dresden block that I made was my original 'demo' one to check on sizing, well it was goofy for size so I thought, hummmm what can I do with this. A pillow of coarse. It would be a cute dresser scarf too. My grandmother believed in dresser scarves to protect the wood finish. Right now, this happy little circle is sitting on my desk awaiting to be finished.

I still have some fat quarter kits in my Etsy shop to get you started on this years BOM. It's a collection of happy 1930's fabrics from a variety of fabric designers. Sixteen beautiful fabrics...

Hope you have a wonderful day and find some time to sew!
Happy quilting,
Cindy

1 comment:

  1. What is template B for? For the Dresden?
    patsystitch@gvtc.com

    ReplyDelete